The JET J-3410 3/4-HP 115-Volt Single Phase Horizontal Wet Bandsaw is a heavy-duty tool with a rapid acting vise, side and rear blade guides, and a ¾-HP single-phase motor (1,725 RPM).
It has four cutting speeds and perfect for high production cut-off work.
The JET J-3410 is built to cut virtually any material and its ¾-inch bi-metal blades, make sure to provide fast and smooth performance. Plus, the saw features a wheeled base for complete ease in moving the tool around your workshop. Here are the best features of this Jet horizontal band saw:
- Cutting capacity 6 x 7 inches
- ¾ Horsepower, 115-v single-phase motor
- Blade drive in steel
- Heat treated worm
- 4 cutting speeds (88, 132, 178, and 260 RPM)
- Adjustable blade guides for improved control
- Heavy cast iron saw head and table
- Blade wheels in flanged cast iron
- Versatile hydraulic feed system
- Increased safety with automatic shut-off
- Coolant system in place
- Wheel kit for ease in relocating in the workshop
- 2-year limited warranty
Cutting Depth at 45°, 7 x 10 inch – Cutting Depth at 90°, 6 x 7 inch – Blade Size L x W x T, 3/4 x 93 x .035 inch – Cutting Angle, 6 x 7 – Dimensions L x W x H: 50 x 18 x 41 inches.
Pros & Cons
The rapid active vise and huge square frame of the JET J-3410 bandsaw make it a pleasure to use on the job site or at home. This heavy-duty bandsaw is built to last and includes a wide range of qualities, including:
- The JET J-3410 has the ability to provide four cutter speeds which give greater control and performance when working with the different metals.
- The built-in coolant system is great for preserving the integrity of the blades and extending the usable lifespan. Plus, the ability to wet the blades with coolants or cutting fluids has the potential to speed up the cutting times for a variety of materials.
- Rather than limiting the placement of this horizontal band saw to a single location in the workshop, the 8 inch wheels make it a simple process to relocate as desired.
- The JET J-3410 Horizontal Wet Bandsaw has a powerful ¾-HP single phase motor which easily powers the ¾-inch bi-metal blade through plenty of different metals.
- For better control of the cutting action, the bandsaw is fitted with blade guides with an eccentric shaft and sealed ball bearings on the side and rear.
- The fully adjustable vice jaws with 45° swivel is great for quick-clamping of the preferred material and useful for cutting the straight or awkward shaped pieces of metal.
Even though the Jet horizontal band saw is a high-quality piece of equipment it does seem to have a few drawbacks that are worth mentioning. Let’s look at the issues associated with this saw:
- Similar to the other Jet horizontal band saw models the drip pan isn’t very effective at draining and can result in puddles of cooling fluid on the floor.
- The bolts for the adjustable guides aren’t the easiest to adjust and rely on using a socket wrench rather than a free hand to tighten and loosen.
- The wheeled base doesn’t seem to have stability locks to prevent the possibility of movement when using the tool to cut metal.
The JET J-3410 metalworking bandsaw is equipped with plenty of useful features to ensure this tool provides a reliable solution for cutting the different metals in a work environment. The vertical worktable with adjustable material stop, ¾ inch carbon steel blade, and ball bearing blade guides makes this saw a pleasure to use. The bandsaw does have a few drawbacks, but these aren’t likely to have too much of an impact on the overall speed and performance of this saw.