The Jet HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw is a practical addition to both the job site and home shop.
With its 115-v motor, swivel vise, hydraulic feed and high capacity cutting range this bandsaw has the ability to cut most metals (aluminum to steel). With the high-end hydraulic downfeed system, you have complete control over the rate of cut for the most precise and accurate finish through the material.
There are plenty of selling points that attract you to the wide-ranging qualities of the Jet HVBS-7MW Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw such as its variable speed and ability to cut through different materials. Here are the best features of this versatile band saw:
- Cutting capacity of 7 x 12 inches
- Vise swivels up to 45°
- Runs on a ¾ HP 115-V motor
- Variable blade speed – manual settings at 85, 130, 180 and 285-ft per minute
- Automatic shut-off for safety
- Ability to handle multiple materials
- Roller blade guides for increased stability
- Adjustable material stop
- Built-in chip tray to keep the workspace clutter-free
- Blade brush to extend the blade life
- Throat depth of 5 inches
- 2-year warranty
Cutting Depth at 90deg, round, 7 inches – Cutting Depth at 45deg, round, 4 ½ inches – Blade Type: Bi-metal – Cutting Capacity (SFPM): 0-260 – Dimensions L x W x H: 49 ½ x 20 ½ x 41 inches
Pros & Cons
The Jet horizontal band saw is a favorite on the job site or home shop for its wide-ranging performance and safety features. High points of the Jet HVBS-7MW include:
- The HVBS-7MW has a high capacity of 7 x 12 inches to accept most types of metals from aluminum to steel.
- Swivel vise for greater control and versatility when cutting either straight lines or irregular shapes. It has the ability to swivel up to 45° while the 5 inch throat depth makes it possible to work on the more difficult applications. The swivel features are a practical addition to those planning to make regular angle cuts.
- The robust and variable speed ¾ HP, 115v motor is easily adjusted to best match your job and materials. Speed settings range from 85, 130, 180, and 285-ft per minute for the more dependable operation. Plus, the addition of a hydraulic downfeed increases the ability to achieve smooth cutting performance.
- Solid construction in heavy cast iron, the Jet HVBS-7MW provides long-term and consistent performance even in the most difficult working environments. Plus, the ground worm gear gives extra strength and durability.
- For increased safety and to prevent issues with loss of control, the bandsaw is fitted with an automatic shut-off and coolant system. Once the cutting blade passes through the metal, the saw is designed to automatically shut-off; while the coolant system stops the blades getting too hot to make sure the cutting performance continues to be smooth.
- To increase the ability to work with multiple materials the bandsaw is fitted with adjustable roller blade guides, as well as a material stop for greater precision.
- For a clutter free workspace, this Jet horizontal band saw has a built-in chip tray to catch the constant build up of dust and debris.
- The prepackaged blades aren’t the most reliable and need swapping out if planning to use this metal bandsaw on heavy cutting jobs.
- The tray for catching the cutting fluid is too small which can lead to fluid dripping onto the floor.
- The shut-off switch is quite short which means the saw doesn’t always automatically cut out after each use.
If you are searching for a reliable, dependable, and comfortable bandsaw you can trust, the Jet HVBS-7MW is certain to match these specific needs. Its versatility and wide-ranging features such as the variable speeds, coolant system, and blade guards make this saw a practical addition to any job site or at-home workshop setup.