The large-capacity Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw is built with plenty of practical and safety features to work perfectly in any professional environment.
It has the ability to cut 7 inch round stock and 7 x 12 inch rectangular stock. Its small footprint (13 x 38 inches) and heavy-duty cast iron wheels means this horizontal band saw is still completely mobile within the workshop. Other features include the blade brush, coolant system, and hydraulic down feed control. Read more in our Grizzly bandsaw reviews;
- 1 HP, 110V/220V, single-phase motor
- Hydraulic feed control
- Automatic shut-off after each cut
- Quick-positioning vise
- Blade brush guard
- Variable speed for greater flexibility (90, 135, 195, and 255-ft per minute)
- Solid cast iron construction
- Stand in heavy gauge steel
- Shielded and lubricated ball bearing
- Fully coolant system
- Includes blade
Cutting capacity, circular, 45 degrees: 5 inch – Cutting capacity, circular, 90 degrees: 7 inch – Cutting capacity, rectangular, 45 degrees: 4-3/4 x 4-1/2 inch – Cutting capacity, rectangular, 90 degrees: 7 x 12 inch – Blade size: 93 x ¾ inch – Coolant capacity: 2-1/2 gallons – Weight: 343 pounds – Dimensions (L x W x H): 48 x 16 x 40 inches
Pros & Cons
Even though the Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw, 7 x 12-Inch is compact in size it is still a large capacity tool with the ability to cut a variety of materials. Here are some of the most helpful pros related to this metal bandsaw:
- This horizontal band saw is designed to provide a versatile cutting experience with its ability to cut round stock at 7 inches or rectangular stock at 7 x 12 inch.
- The Grizzly G0561 is built to be completely mobile with its small footprint (13 x 38 inches) and case iron wheels. This is great for the workshop with limited space where it isn’t possible to leave the saw out in the open at all times.
- The solid cast iron construction (bed, body frame, and wheel) makes this a heavy piece of machinery that is certain to stand up to most abuse in the workshop environment. Plus, it gives a finish in powder coated paint to increase the ability to maintain its clean looks.
- It is built with an automatic shut-off feature for extra safety while the bandsaw is in use. The shut-off feature works by automatically switching off the blade after completing each cut of metal or other material.
- To increase the usable lifespan of the blades and achieve the smooth cut, the Grizzly G0561 includes a coolant system feature. The coolant tank has a capacity of 2-1/2 gallons and is easily operated using the coolant hose to control the amount of fluid allowed to flow.
- The Grizzly G0561 is equipped with a quick-positioning vise to make it possible to easily get control of the clamping jaw. This is useful when working with a variety of materials that can benefit from a change in the vise position.
The Grizzly G0561 Metal Cutting Bandsaw, 7 x 12-Inch is a very strong and easy-to-use piece of machinery, but has some minor flaws, including:
- The coolant system has the potential to spray everywhere, even when on one of the slowest settings, but this issue is easily resolved with a few minor adjustments to the reservoir. Plus, the instructions aren’t very helpful when it comes to the coolant system.
- It can start to run quite loud, especially in the area of the drive pulley.
- This horizontal band saw might sit too low for some users (it is in the region of 22 inches off the ground).
At 300+ pounds the Grizzly G0561 is a heavy piece of machinery, but perfect for the small to medium sized shop. With its high-quality features like the quick-positioning vise, coolant system, robust motor, automatic shut-off, and hydraulic feed control, this saw is easily able to slice through the most common materials to leave each piece of metal with a smooth and sharp cut.