The DEWALT DWM120K 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw is built with high-end features to make it one of finest in the industry.
It has a 10 amp DEWALT motor with a capacity to cut to a depth of 5 inches to make it work on the most repetitive and difficult jobs. Plus, it has a solid construction to make sure it is able to stand up to jobsite abuse.
DEWALT DWM120K has some of the best industry-specific features to make your life easier when working on a variety of metal applications. Let’s look at some of the best features on this portable bandsaw:
- 10 amp motor to tackle the toughest applications
- Cut capacity of 5 inches for round stock or 5 x 4-3/4 inch for rectangular stock
- Variable speed control (100-350 sfm) for optimal performance
- LED sight light for ease in indicating a cut line
- Ergonomic handle for better control
- Rubber bumpers and steel shroud to protect against impact damage
- Integrated hang hook
- Includes standard blade, hex wrench, and kit box
- 3-year limited warranty
deep-cut round-stock capacity, 5-inch – rectangular-stock capacity, 5 by 4-3/4-inch – Weight: 15 pounds – Power Source: corded-electric – Voltage: 120 volts – Dimensions 14.2 x 23.5 x 7.9 inches
Pros & Cons
With the 10 amp motor for tough jobs, ergonomic features for greater accuracy and comfort, and easy maintenance, there are plenty of qualities to make the DEWALT DWM120K one of the more appealing portable band saws in the market. Here are most appealing pros related to the high-end piece of equipment intended for the pro contractor
- The high performance 10 amp motor has been built to provide fast (speed range from 100-350 sfm) and reliable performance without getting bogged down. Plus, the variable speed setting makes it possible to easily adjust the speed or torque to match the specific material, from metal framing to rebar stock.
- The DEWALT DWM120K has a built-in adjustable material guide to make it possible to luckily change the set-up for the saw to match the specific strength of material cut.
- For improved accuracy, the band saw is fitted with blade tracking adjustment for complete ease in controlling blade alignment, while also having the added benefit of increasing the usable lifespan of the blade.
- It has a well-balanced body with a multi-position front handle and soft-grip back handle to help improve all-round comfort and minimize user fatigue.
- The LED sight light is a great addition to include on the portable bandsaw for ease in cutting in tight or low-light environments.
- It has a solid construction with a steel shroud and rubberized bumpers to give greater protection against jobsite abuse.
- An integrated hang hook is a perfect addition to avoid causing damage to the tool by leaving it lying around on the floor when not in use.
- For ease in swapping out the worn blade, the DEWALT DWM120K bandsaw is fitted with blade changing lever to loosen the tension for more convenient blade changes.
- The bandsaw includes external replaceable brushed which simplifies the process of making quick repairs when required.
Even though the DEWALT DWM120K gets a lot of praise for its high-quality features and performance there are a few minor issues reported by users:
- The storage case isn’t made of the highest quality material
- It has the potential to go through blades quite quickly
- The DEWALT DWM120K doesn’t include a trigger lock which would be a welcomed addition (you have to hold the switch down).
If you are after one of the best selling portable bandsaws, the versatile and feature-rich DEWALT DWM120K is certain to help in plenty of professions relying on the pro contractor. This DEWALT saw has the high-performance motor and solid construction to provide a reliable service even on the most difficult jobs.